Please Read Carefully
Last changed 1 September 2022
The Resonance* App collects and uses information through our website www.resonance.kiwi or our online communications (such as email lists) for the purposes set forth within this policy.
Information collected includes personal information provided in user listings or when an individual subscribes to our email list. We require your e-mail address at a minimum, however, in some cases we also ask for additional information to help us better service you and fulfill your request. We do not collect any personal information that you do not expressly provide.
We value your privacy and want to give you more control over how we collect your personal data. We will not sell, rent, or share your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes without your consent.
The Resonance* App complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
2. Who do we collect your personal information from?
We collect personal information about you:
- When you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- When you visit this website we collect anonymous information such as your IP address or domain name to analyze site traffic for “visits” but this information is not tied to a given user’s personal information. This information is collected and stored via Google Analytics.
- When you make a koha on our website certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, may be collected. We do not receive or retain copies of this information on our server. We redirect visitors to a secure server to complete these transactions and all data is both collected and stored by these processors.
3. How we use your personal information
We can use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by phone, text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
4. Disclosing your personal information
We endeavour to limit the transfer of your personal information to only information that pertains to the service being provided by you.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Resonance* App or our website.
- As previously stated: when you make a koha on our website certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, may be collected. We do not receive or retain copies of this information on our server. We redirect visitors to a secure server to complete these transactions and all data is both collected and stored by these processors.
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
5. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
6. Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
7. Internet use
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- If you post your personal information on our website or App, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
An internet “cookie” is a small piece of code which is placed on the your local computer when you visit our website. This helps us learn which areas of the website are useful to you and most used by our visitors.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings within your browser. If you disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
8. Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.